on 29-11-2016 06:02 PM
Hello Voom community!
My name is Vicky Ngari-Wilson.
I am founding Good Ambition a company that connects brands and millennials through social & environmental impact as a route to employment.
I attended the Change The World Master class
My mascara was running towards the end- because the discussion was hitting practical points, the panel giving solid advice to questions that I didn't even know I had! And just reassurance that I was heading in the right direction.
Best thing I got:
'To get to appeal to HR and embed yourself to value'
'Have a 35 year plan!'
1. Re-strategize to bring strong value
2. Get more youth/millennial audience partners.
3. Meet with potential investors
1. I figured out my value proposition which has now brought GA from a service to a technology product - me - a tech start up! Ha!
2. I have secured 2 online partners/content producers with a super wide reach to millennials.
3. Today I FINALLY got a meeting with an organisation who would be happy to help me work towards securing some funding from Horizon 2020!
4. I know ( only 3) but it's important as a momepreneur & single parent - getting reliable childcare support to call on if needed.
on 30-11-2016 10:41 AM
Looks like you've had a busy month! I'm so happy that the masterclass helped you so much - as long as you are taking steps forward you are definitely going in the right direction.
Amazing news on getting your meeting yesterday, as well as re-strategizing, securing your online partners and childcare support! What has been the biggest challenge about completing your pledges this month?
on 30-11-2016 11:01 AM
My biggest challenge now is finding a digital partner and trying to understand that whole tech jargon.
on 30-11-2016 02:56 PM
Amazing to see this Vicky, locking down a value proposition is so important to give clarity to your direction and amazing to hear that it has evolved into a tech biz - you never know where your dreams will take you!
Congratulations on the developments that you've made, and I think no4 is well worth being in there - being a single parent and a mompreneur is a hell of a feat and you're doing it with a smile on your face - badass!
Keep going, can't wait to see your progress,
All the very best, x
on 01-12-2016 03:08 PM
Thank you Jen! I'm sure I'm not the only one, it's not easy but hey life would be boring otherwise!
Can I just ask- what do the badges mean?
on 01-12-2016 03:11 PM
The badges are awarded to you when you hit a milestone on the community, so the ones you have are because you started your first topic, made your first reply and got your first kudos!
The more you do on the community the more you'll get